Forwarded message sent by Vijay C (These info's are collacted from net and fine tuned by him)..
Being a responsible citizen and support that we have to make tons of changes to improve the conditions; I think what can be done to improve the situation right today till we find a long lasting solution from Govt end.
First of all instead of complaining, can we do something different? Yes we can if we all think we are one among the first persons to adhere to basic norms right away and we will not break the norms at any cost, and then consider the following:
1. Rashness of the Taxi/Call Center/Company vehicle drivers.
Here is the deal:
When we are a passenger in the vehicle, we push him to go a little faster. Reason, we have to reach the office on time.
What can we do?
· Can we leave a little early?
· Can we raise our voice and be firm with the driver and instruct him to obey the rules?
· Can we tell him not to pick us up right at the intersection and road turns?
· Can we tell him to pick us up at a place which will not cause any impact on the traffic?
If we are the transportation coordinator, blame them for late arrival,
What can we do?
· Can we give the driver a few more minutes and adjust the timings appropriately?
· Can we firmly instruct the driver NEVER TO STOP AT INTERSECTIONS, TURNS etc for any employee?
Can we expect at least who read this blog to follow at least few of the norms?
Sure we can, if we want to make this city a better place!
2. Two wheeler nightmare.
When we drive our bike, we assume that the vehicle we are trying to pass is stationary and weave our way and come in front. At places where there is a bottleneck, we want to squeeze our way and make sure we have contributed to the jam a little more. Why do we think that the whole road – length and breadth is only for us? Why do we think we can overtake only on the left? We got to prove to the other drivers that we are the greatest driver? We are the riskiest driver?
Can we change? What can we do?
· Can we obey traffic rules?
· Can we stop driving on the pavements and sidewalks?
· Can we make sure that I will not jump lights?
Sure we can if we want to make the roads safer!
3. Auto driver Menace
We agree some fellows are crazy drivers. But as a passenger can we make the difference? What can we do?
· Instead of pushing the driver to go fast and quick, Can we raise our voice and let him know that he better obey traffic rules?
· Can we tell him not to overtake on the left?
· Can we tell him not to cut and squeeze through areas of traffic jams and contribute more to the problem?
4. Working from home
Now a sizable portion of the IT folks have broadband at home and with the falling prices of PCs and Internet are definitely affordable – at least for the Software professionals! We love to hit the road and then complain later. If only all of us can avoid 10% travel, there will be 10% less traffic on the road! Same thing for those complaining of bottlenecks on main thoroughfares during peak hours. With the advent and progress of technology, can we not use it to our benefit?
· Can we not use the gadgets like telephones, internet and computers to avoid unnecessary travel?
· We ourselves want to visit a person and complete a transaction, when it can be done just over a phone or email. Why?
· Why can’t we resort to telecommuting?
· So why can’t we encourage telecommuting and working from home at least one day a week?
So why not introduce such methods rather than complaining of Congestions on